Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The formation of Team Badass

I decided a while ago that I wanted to do another Ironman next summer.  Decided on the full Vineman in Napa and Sonoma Counties.  This year, however, I don't want to train alone and that's where Team Badass comes into the picture.  I started riding with a friend from Team You Got Chicked (YGC) and then another YGC chick decided to ride with us.  From there, friends asked friends and now we have a regular bike gang put together.  Several are planning on competing in Vineman, a few in Barb's Race (an all-womens half-Ironman on the same course as Vineman on the same day.  On a side note, this was my first ever triathlon in 2006), and a couple are just into cycling.  It seems to be a pretty good group.

We had our first official ride last Saturday.  There were 5 of us total.  We did a 38 mile loop from Solana Beach out into the hills and then back along the coast.  It was one of those perfect, perfect mornings: crisp, sunny and gorgeous.

The ride was great.  In fact, it was the best ride I've been on in a long time.

Coming down the Del Dios Highway

At the end of the ride, we took some pics of Team Badass:



Yes, that is the ocean behind us. What a gorgeous day!

And, here's the whole group who showed up. Please disregard the fact that I look like a pig in this picture.  No, I'm not talking about my size, just my face and snout.

I'm looking forward to spending lots of time with my fellow Team Badass members on long rides and long runs.  It's going to be fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment