Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lazy Thursday

I was definitely supposed to work out today, but I just didn't want to, so I didn't. I wrote all day and when I'm in nerd mode, jock mode doesn't get any action.

Every year, my best friend from high school (Rachel) and I do a marathon or half-marathon together. We've done the Pacific Shoreline marathon, the Seattle Rock n Roll marathon, the country music half-marathon and now...we've signed up for the Mardi Gras half-marathon next February. Can't wait. We're kinda suckers for the Rock n Roll series, as we like to pose with the bands at every mile. In general, we wear tutus and tiaras, but, as this is a Mardi Gras race, we're going to up the ante a little. I'm thinking tutus (rainbow, of course), feather headdress and body paint on the torso to look like a Mardi Gras mask (eyes on the tatas, supportive garment underneath, of course). I think it will be the best adventure yet. Still trying to convince my bestie from college (Brenda) to join in the debauchery.

No comments:

Post a Comment