Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First day back

Today was my first day back in training. It felt great! I woke up at 4:48 this morning and hit the pool. I swam 2000 yards. Here's the breakdown:

300 warm up
8x50 drills (SO boring!)-- I worked on swimming with fists to help my pull
3x125
2x175
3x125
100 cool down

I was supposed to do another set of drills and a 200 yard cool down, but I skipped the last set of drills and cut the cool down short because I was feeling a bit mucusy...probably just residual illness.

I got home while it was still dark and wanted to wait until sun up to run, so I laid back down to nap for a few minutes...and woke up 3 hours later! Best sleep ever! I was snuggled up with the boys and woke up with Hanky completely on top of me with his head on my shoulder, his body across my chest and his back legs over my shoulder; the catface, Ramses, was on my pillow, holding on to my head with his paws, and Rudy was on top of my legs. I felt soooo good when I woke up and what a great surprise! Pretty amazing, since I'm not a great sleeper.

After awakening, I bundled up and took the boys for a 3 mile run. It was a cold, crisp late morning run but there was no run. The boys were especially happy to get to exercise again! It was a blast.

Then I spent the rest of the day writing :( Blah! Took a quick lunch break to my favorite Indian restaurant for a delicious treat. Fabulous food topped off with mango soft serve ice cream for dessert. Yum!

I'm so happy to be training again and am very excited about this Ironman journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment