Wednesday, January 19, 2011

3fer

Woke up again before the alarm went off. It feels so great! Swam around 2000 yards with my team. Still in the slow lane but I'm definitely improving. Going to do a straight endurance swim at some point in the next week, just to make sure I'm gaining endurance, as well. Swimmers rarely swim straight, but swim in sets. Since I'm a bit paranoid, I want to go straight and long on occasion to make sure I'm on track and build confidence.

I was in the lab by 7:30 with breakfast in hand. Got to leave early since I got in so early :)

The sun came out today, but it was super windy. I rode outside anyway. Just over 14 miles. It was so windy my bike was being pushed sideways. Thought there was a near-death experience about to happen. I rode in the middle of the road so I didn't get pushed into the river. Made it!

Immediately after the ride, I set off on a 2.6 mile run. Gotta love bricks! Afterward, I took the boys to the dog park, where they made a special friend named Webster. Webster is an 11 month old jack russell. How fun to see 3 little boy jacks/jack mixes tearing up the dog park. Now they're tired :)

Tomorrow is my day off from the pool, but I'm still going to wake up at the same time so I reinforce that habit. 6 mile run and one hour trainer ride tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Recently found your blog and glad I did! :)Great job with the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be fine on the endurance swim. Joining the Masters team is probably the best thing you could have done for that. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash, you are an inspiration! I wish I had your determination when it comes to fitness (and waking up before the sun).

    ReplyDelete