Thursday, January 27, 2011

Longest swim ever and other stuff

Today I swam 2 miles (3500 yards) non-stop. This is my longest non-stop swim ever! My previous best was 500 yards...serious progress :) Usually, I swim in sets so, while my overall swim yardage is reasonably high, it's not non-stop. Major, major confidence boost. I was super tired toward the end, but I still have 5 months to improve. It's going to happen! It took me 1 hr 15 min for an average pace of 2:08/100 yards. This is slow for most swimmers, but I think it's pretty darn good for me! Yes, I'm quite proud of myself.

I have an afternoon run and an evening drainer ride on tap for today.

So, I have some catching up to do in this blog. Here's what I've been doing:

Friday, 1/21: 1800 yard swim. It was IM day...not fun. Lots of butterfly and breast stroke :( I now skip these days and swim on my own.

Saturday, 1/22: 38.25 mile bike ride. Rode from Folsom to Auburn and back. Insanely gorgeous day. 2000 feet of climbing. Realized that I need to put in a lot of time on the saddle!

Sunday and Monday, 1/23-1/24: rested. Got a ton of work done.

Tuesday: 1/25: 2500 yard swim, 3.42 mile run with the pig ninjas

Wednesday: Brick: 46 min bike ride followed by 2.6 mile run. Followed that up with Ab Ripper X. I'm going to start doing that M, W, F. Need to strengthen that core. My abs are sore today and it feels great!

4 comments:

  1. Nice work. My unsolicited advice? Keep your swim where it is and focus on the bike. IM is all about your bike fitness. Keep it up, chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on that swim! That really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are gonna kick ass in June hb!!!

    ReplyDelete