Monday, August 23, 2010

another Monday, another pool issue

Once again, I awoke way too early to go to my masters' swim practice. Lo and behold, the f-ing pool is closed again! After being closed all last week. Once again, I received no notice and arrived, expecting to swim, only to be told it's not gonna happen. Kinda pissed. This afternoon, I received an email, stating that the pool would be closed for the rest of the week. Okay, 2 weeks of missed swim workouts (yes, I know I could go to a different pool, but there isn't one nearby and the one near the lab makes me uncomfortable because it's super crowded and there are lots of professors and some of my former students there and I don't want to see them in swimsuits, nor do I want them to see me in mine, as it's quite ill-fitting) is bad enough, but on top of that, I paid $40 this month to swim with the team...thus, I paid for 4 weeks of swims and I'm receiving 2. Blah. The worst part is that I really enjoy swimming and miss it and need it :(

Instead, I took the pig ninjas for a 3 mile run. It was fun. A cool crisp morning that showed no sign of the almost 100 degree weather I saw this afternoon. The hot weather this week (100+ every day) has me rethinking some of my workouts. No afternoon bike rides this week. Instead, I've shifted all of my rides to the morning and will do p90x strength training 3 days this week. I've also decided to run and swim on the same days, so I can get more biking in. Good plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment