Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday workout and week 7 totals

Started the day off with a 3 mile run with the dogs. We encountered a parade of bikers (vroom vroom type, leather vests, lots of facial hair, etc.), which was pretty fun to watch. I decided not to wear my watch today, as I just wanted to enjoy the run, not worry about time or pace or anything. It was pretty awesome. After running out 3 miles, we walked 3 miles back home and just enjoyed the scenery. The dogs waded in the canal and we saw lots of jack rabbits (they remind me so much of Hanky Panky, it's crazy).

I considered going for a short bike ride this afternoon with Luke, but I'm still kinda scared of the heat. No more heatstroke! Decided to start up P90X again, instead. I did one cycle of P90X starting February 14, 2010. Yes, that's how Luke and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day. We're very romantic ;) Anyway, I did chest and back and it felt so great! I'm going to try incorporate more strength training because it just makes me feel good. My only concern is potential soreness tomorrow during my swim, but I'll deal with it.

Week 7 totals:
Swim: Uh, none. The pool was closed. That sucks.
Bike: 80 miles, all super hilly. Lots of climbing. 6 hr, 20 min.
Run: 5.36 miles. 50 min. Might be overdoing this whole keeping mileage low thing.

Not so impressive. Next week will be better!

Luke is still in bed, so I may have made a wise decision in doing P90X instead of biking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment