Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's gonna be a crazy one

I swam 500 m this morning. It's definitely time for some coaching. My stroke is NOT good. Next week, I start swimming with a Masters' team and a coach. Swimming with a masters' team does not mean I'm a master swimmer, it just means I can have a coach for $40/month and will hopefully be challenged by all the other swimmers and improve greatly. Certainly a bit intimidated, though. I need to put my ego aside and do what will help me the most. I'm sort of imagining myself as a kindergarten level swimmer with lots of college swim team types. It would be super easy to focus on biking and running, both of which I know I can do decently and trudge along with the swimming...kinda like in college where you study the stuff you know and ignore the stuff you don't know and then are stupidly surprised when you still don't know material on the test. I did that it intermediate O chem and biochem. Not smart, especially when the test is an IRONMAN and you can DNF or drown! Yep, time to improve my swimming.

Recently, I've noticed that my appetite is BOOMING! I've always been a pretty good eater (read: like a linebacker), especially for a small girl who's 5'4" and 125 lbs. Never had a problem with gaining weight, quick metabolism. But now! Yikes! I'm hungry all the time and eat constantly. I brought two lunches to work today. The metabolism definitely loves all this exercise.

Speaking of exercise, Luke mentioned that he was going to ride today. I was so jealous/inspired that I brought my bike to work so I can ride after all this lab stuff is done.

Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment