Monday, July 5, 2010

Registered for Ironman CDA 2011

I've had the registration date on my calendar for weeks...June 28, 2010 at noon. I was on the registration page at 11:45, waiting for it to open. Right at noon registration opened and I did it. I'm registered for the Ironman! Immediately after, I felt very, very nervous. But I guess that's to be expected. That night after work, I finished reading my training book. Decided to go with Be Iron Fit by Don Fink. His plans look doable. I've decided to train with the 30 week competitive program, which maxes out at 20 hours of training per week and averages around 12 hours per week. Although the IM-specific training starts in November, I'm going to start getting my butt back in gear tomorrow.

June was a bad fitness month for me, with commencement and my trip to Spokane. I don't think I worked out more than a few times. Not good. Time to get going again. To inspire myself (scare me into swimming), I signed up for the IronGirl all-women tri in Lake Tahoe in September. It's super short, but I need some sort of motivation and as much open-water swim time as I can get. And, I know it will be fun...all women races always are.

I'm also toying with the three-day Tahoe tri, also in September. I did the 72 mile bike around the lake and the marathon a few years ago. It was an amazingly gorgeous course. I'd like to do the 1/2 or 1 mile swim, the 72 mile bike and the half-marathon this year. My dissertation is also due in September, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment