Sunday, July 11, 2010

Toasty Bike Ride

I got a late start on my bike ride today. My intention was to ride my tri bike (a super awesome Cannondale Ironman) and spent some time changing tubes, lubing the chain, etc., just to realize that I couldn't find one of the pads for my aerobars. I called around Sac and couldn't find anyone who carried just the pads. So, I decided to ride my road bike (a Scott Speedster that I've been riding for the past 4 1/2 years). Unfortunately, the pipe valve was screwed up on one of the tubes, so I had to change that, too. By this point, I'd changed three tubes and was just ready to ride. Too bad for me, it's July in Sacramento, which means it's HOT!

It obviously wasn't going to be a long ride, so I focused on riding fast. I rode for 30 minutes at a 20 mph pace. 11 miles later I was done and not too tired. Any ride is better than no ride. And, man, it was so hot! I'm not much of a sweater, but I was sweating buckets.

My mission for this week: find aerobar pads and hydration system. I've been admiring a two-chamber aerobar bottle that allows you to drink while still in aero position. And, with the two-chamber bottle, I can have both water and sports drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment